Collegeside Church Family,
We have certainly faced challenges the last two months. With the disaster of the tornado, the challenges of some in our church community beginning the process of rebuilding, and the Coronavirus pandemic sweeping the world we have faced unprecedented challenges. This period of time has forced us to rethink church community, assemblies, and ministry. I am thankful to be surrounded by innovative and creative people. While we know the online assembly is not the same as the regular assembly, we have been able to worship together. I am so grateful for the technology we have at our disposal to do what we have done. I believe God has placed people in our body with gifts and aptitudes for this time.
Trouble comes. Trouble will end. God is always faithful. God is always good.
As restrictions are being lifted across our state, we know many people are wondering when we will meet in person again. The leadership at Collegeside asks for your prayers for wisdom in answering that question. Over the next several days we will seek counsel and plan for when the assembly returns. Our goal is to communicate those plans Sunday, May 10 during our online worship assembly. This is our goal. We have been reminded over the last two months that we are not in control. Please pray for our leaders.
There are a couple of things we want you to know right now:
- We know that some will not need to worship in person when the regular assembly begins again. We will continue to provide the online assembly for those who choose to remain in their homes. Our ministry team is committed to providing this with excellence.
- When the regular assembly returns, it will not look exactly as it did in February. We will continue to seek advice from health and governmental officials for returning to normal over time. Please be patient. Please be kind.
- Many in person ministry/family opportunities will not return immediately. Your ministry leaders will communicate specific plans for their ministries as they receive guidance from the Shepherds at Collegeside. Please be patient. Please be kind.
- Whatever the future looks like for our church family will be good. God is the author of our story. God will use this moment to refine, transform, and sanctify us. Whatever the next step is, we will take it together. You will never be alone.
- If you have gone through this time with us and don’t have a church family, we would love for you to be a part of our family.
For the King,