Acts 3: The Gospel In Motion
Chapter 3: Discussion Questions
- The events in Acts 3 take place at the Temple in Jerusalem. During His ministry, Jesus visited, taught, and ministered at the Temple. Acts 3:2 says that the lame man was taken to the Temple Gate every day, so it stands to reason that this man would have been there when Jesus was. Yet, Jesus is not the one who healed this man – Peter and John do. What can we learn about God’s timing since He used Peter and John to perform the miracle? What encouragement can we draw from this man’s waiting?
- A miracle occurs when God demonstrates His power by overriding natural laws. Luke’s language in verses 7-8 let’s us know that this man’s healing was clearly a miracle, and he praised God for his healing. How did the truly miraculous affirm both God’s power and those who performed the miracle? When we use the word “miracle” to describe something beautiful do we do run the risk of diminishing our reverence for God’s power? Why or why not?
- Verse 4 says that the lame man looked at Peter and John and expected “to get something from them,” but there is no indication that he expected a miraculous healing. The lame man’s best hope was money. Read Acts 3: 6-8. Whose faith healed the lame man? What did Peter’s faith do for the lame man? What did Peter’s faith do for those the lame man encountered? What encouragement does that give you about sharing your faith with others?
- What does it say about Peter that he deflects any credit from the miracle and directs all the glory to God? What do Peter’s actions and attitude teach us? How does adopting Peter’s Acts 3 attitude aide us in the ministries we are personally involved in?
- How do you define repentance? Is it more than asking for forgiveness or are they the same thing? If repentance is turning from sin and walking in the direction of Jesus, how much turning do we actually do? Are our lives models of repentance or “I’m sorrys”? How does free-will make repentance more precious to God?
- If repentance is turning from sin, should believers live in guilt? Should believers repent and repent and repent for the same sins? How does true repentance free believers from guilt and lead to lives of joy and freedom? How does 1 Corinthians 10:13 help us understand how to walk out repentance and live in freedom?
- How does understanding the meaning and significance of repentance make baptism both more significant and more beautiful in the lives of believers?
Posted in Collegeside General Info
Bible Reading Plan Week 2 Day 1Bible Reading Plan Week 2 Day 2Almost HomeBible Reading Plan Week 2 Day 3Bible Reading Plan Week 2 Day 4In Conjunction With OthersBible Reading Plan Week 2 Day 5Bible Reading Plan Week 3 Day 1Bible Reading Plan Week 3 Day 2A Unique CityLove Stronger Than EvilBible Reading Plan Week 3 Day 3Bible Reading Plan Week 3 Day 4Studies In PsalmsQuiet RestBible Reading Plan Week 3 Day 5Bible Reading Plan Week 4 Day 1Peace Prayer of St. FrancisBible Reading Plan Week 4 Day 2Faith and Positive Living
St. Patrick and the Presence of GodAt Home Date NightThe Goodness of a PandemicCommuning ApartFrom the Childrens Library- The Lost LambWeekly Ministry UpdateThe Promises of God - Day OneTeenside Daily DevotionalCollegeside Care GroupsTeenside Daily DevotionalImmunity Boosting TipsThe Promises of God - Day 2Self Care ResourcesKidside Quarantine ReportBuilding a Family Mission StatementThe Promises of God - Day 3Teenside Daily DevotionalFrom The Children's Library - Good, Good FatherTeenside Daily DevotionalTeenside Daily DevotionalCelebrate Recovery - HopeTeenside Daily DevotionalQuarantined TogetherTeenside Daily Devotional
Teenside Daily DevotionalRest and RiseReflections on the Serenity Prayer - Part 1The Promises of God - Part 4Teenside Daily DevotionalReflections on the Serenity Prayer - Part 2Teenside Daily DevotionalFrom The Children's Library - God Made You SpecialTeenside Daily DevotionalTales From The Trail: #1 Hope Springs Forth From Human HeartsTales from the Trail: #2 The Last Supper and the Banquet to ComeTeenside Daily DevotionalCelebrate Recovery - Stay ConnectedTales From The Trail: #3 Lead With The TowelTeenside Daily DevotionalThe Promises of God - Day 5Teenside Daily DevotionalTales from the Trail: #4 Lonely Night in the GardenLimit Your WorryTales from the Trail: #5 Peter, O PeterThe Promises of God - Day 6Teenside Daily DevotionalTales from the Trail: #6 The Friday We Call GoodTeenside Daily DevotionalTales from the Trail: #7 The Tomb is FullTeenside Daily DevotionalTales from the Trail: #8 So It Isn’t FinishedFrom The Children's Library - God Gave Us EasterTeenside Daily DevotionalCelebrate Recovery UpdateYour Best Night InThe Promises of GodTeenside Daily DevotionalTeenside Daily DevotionalHard TimesFamily ResourcesThe Promises of God - Day 8Teenside Daily DevotionalTeenside Daily DevotionalRestTeenside Daily DevotionalThe Promises of God - Day 9Teenside Daily DevotionalTeenside Daily DevotionalSeeking Wisdom From GodThe Grace ChallengeApril ImpressionsTeenside Daily DevotionalTeenside Daily DevotionalPicnic DatePromises of God - Day 10Kidside Focus VideosFrom The Children's Library - The Rainbow FishTeenside Daily DevotionalCelebrate Recovery - Online Meeting NightsTeenside Daily DevotionalWeekly ChallengeTeenside Daily DevotionalGuard Your HeartTeenside Daily DevotionalKidside Worship At HomeTeenside Daily Devotional
Teenside Daily DevotionalFrom The Children's Library - Ernie's Little LiesTeenside Daily DevotionalHeartfelt Friends UpdateKidside Children's LessonTeenside Daily DevotionalWeekly ChallengeWorry, Worry, Worry!Teenside Daily DevotionalThe Promises of God - Day 11Journey To The Battlefield Daily DevotionalRestoring Our Mind And SpiritTeenside Daily DevotionalThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 2Teenside Daily DevotionalTeenside Daily DevotionalTeenside Daily DevotionalLetter From Allie GuinnKidside Children's LessonI Want To Hold Your HandTeenside Daily DevotionalLetter From Cameron ReedPreschool Memory Verse and Prayer - May 2020Teenside Daily DevotionalThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 3Testimony TuesdayElementary Memory Verse and Prayer - May 2020Letter From Elizabeth WillmoreBuilding On The RockTeenside Daily DevotionalTeenside Daily DevotionalThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 4Heartfelt Friends InvitationLetter From Hannah ClarkLetter From Josh BunnerMarriage In QuarantineThe Lord Heals The Broken-HeartedTeenside Daily DevotionalLetter From Rachel StokesTeenside Daily DevotionalKidside Children's LessonWe Are Weak, But He Is StrongTeenside Daily DevotionalTeenside Daily DevotionalThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 5Meeting Updates and Staying ConnectedThinking Out Loud On Evangelism, Part 1Teenside Daily DevotionalTeenside Daily DevotionalThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 6Teenside Daily DevotionalThinking Out Loud On Evangelism, Part 2The Path's Of GodKidside Children's LessonThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 7Strength In GodIntern IntroductionsLearning To Comfort Others
Kidside Children's LessonGratitude To GodOur Last HomeThe Problem of FearKidside Children's LessonMy Times In Your HandThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 8The KingThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 9The Reins In God's HandsKidside Children's LessonGod Our FatherMeeting Night Begins June 23rdLetter To The Philippians, Part 10Gone To GloryThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 11Falling Out of BedKidside Children's LessonMeeting Night Is Back!A Clean HomeFellowship 5KThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 12Standard Operations Resume July 1stFriendship In MarriageFaith Through Our FathersKidside Children's LessonGood Old DaysThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 13
The Ring Of SonshipHelp Lord!Kidside Children's LessonA Recipient Of GraceNew Encourager CoachThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 14Jesus Paid The PriceToo Much Stuff!Kidside Children's LessonThe Mistake of Forgetting GodIt Starts With MeWho Holds Your HandsBeing Grateful/ThankfulSeeing A SermonFriendship In MarriageA Place of Quiet RestKidside Children's LessonMinistry Update From Andrew JonesLight It Up With PraiseThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 15Respond or React?Are You Bearing Good Fruit?Special DeliveryKidside Children's LessonThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 16God's Word Survives
Kidside Children's LessonWhat Will Your Legacy Be?The Letter To The Philippians, Part 17Blessed AssuranceCotton Candy vs. TruthTomato: A Fruit or Vegetable?Kidside Children's LessonRepenters Must RepentSitting At The Feet Of JesusPreparing To MoveKidside Children's LessonTrappedClean Hands, Pure HeartReturn To Combined Children's Worship And FocusThe Letter To The Philippians, Part 18Spiritual VisionKidside Children's LessonOur Final HomeLeads Us In TriumphsActs: The Gospel In MotionTests For A Little WhileKidside Children's LessonThe Lord Over Fear
Brotherly WisdomActs: The Gospel In MotionVictory Over Peer PressureMore Than A Religious SpeakerKidside Children's LessonInstant ReplayActs: The Gospel In MotionOne of Man's Greatest FearsVictory LapSelfiesKidside Children's LessonThe Matter of DistanceBe There In Calm And ChaosActs: The Gospel In MotionBroken UnityWeekly CheckupKidside Children's LessonThe Light Of SalvationDid Jesus Really Do That?NicknamesThe Ways Of GodThe Riches of GodActs 3: The Gospel In MotionCagesWhat Do You Desire From God
Evidence For The BibleAccurate DirectionsKidside Children's LessonSuch Were Some Of YouMind ControlKidside Children's LessonIs Your Name Written There?Sincere PrayerThe Spirit Is HoveringKidside Children's LessonLiving WaterFaith In An Invisible GodDigging Deeper: Personal Study For ActsSpirit-Filled PreachingKidside Children's Lesson